**NOTICE: online registration has ended. You can still register race day.**
The fifth annual Mark Forester Price of Freedom Race will be Saturday, May 16, 2015, beginning at 8:00 am.
The purpose of this race is to celebrate Mark’s life and to raise money for The Mark Forester Foundation.
The race will take place in his hometown of Haleyville, AL.
It will begin and end at the Haleyville High School football stadium. The address is:
Haleyville High School
2001 20th Street
Haleyville, AL 35565
To meet many requests, we’ve added a half marathon this year, as well as the double-dip option again. Here are the race times:
8:00 am – Half marathon begins
8:30 am – 5k begins
8:30 am – Double dip begins. This means runners participate in the 5k and 10k (can’t do the same race twice).
9:30 am – 10k begins
10:30 am – 1 mile fun run begins
Fun run begins when the 10k ends, which will be around 10:30 am.
10k/5k race maps are posted at bottom of this post. Half marathon map will be posted soon.
Note: there are no additional active.com processing fees to register on line. Register now before prices increase on April 2.
Notice the banner along top and bottom of page titled “Mark’s 2015 Race Registration”. These buttons will be an easy way to get info and to register for the race from any page on this web site. We hope you plan to attend this special event with us, whether you’re a newcomer or repeat runner–we welcome and invite you all.
You can also print out the registration form and mail in. Click the link below to open form:
RACE PRICES GO UP AFTER APRIL 1, SO PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.
If you will be visiting Haleyville for the first time, here is a link with city information. Haleyville Chamber of Commerce
Here are hotel options for the area:
1. The Fuller House Bed & Breakfast – Haleyville. This is a new amenity in town with great service and food. Has 4 rooms, multiple beds. 205-269-7590. Address: 3315 Newburg Road, Haleyville, AL
2. Imperial Inn (formerly Windwood Inn) – Haleyville. This is an old hotel in town. Phone 205-486-5205.
3. Hampton Inn – Winfield (27 miles away). Phone 205-487-1270.
4. Best Western – Russellville (27 miles away). Many of Mark’s teammates have stayed here for previous events. Phone 256-332-1002.
5. Hampton Inn – Jasper (40 miles away). May be best for those coming from the south (if you can’t stay in Haleyville). Phone 205-221-3334.
Below are some pics from last year.
Several of our volunteers, including Race Director Lauren Tinker, far right.
Below are the 5k/10k route maps: